The hearing aids we recommend are just a part of your customized solution,
the key to your continued success is our expert care!
What to Consider When Buying Hearing Aids
- Ensure a thorough assessment by an Audiologist, a Regulated Health Care Professional
- Understand your audiogram, including the type and degree of your hearing loss and speech discrimination abilities
- Consider your communication needs at work and in social situations
- Review the technology options on hearing aids such as noise reduction, microphone options, manual controls, remote controls and ability to use assistive technology such as FM and Bluetooth connectivity to wireless devices and television with your Audiologist
- Review the instruments sizes and styles so that you are happy cosmetically
- The style should accommodate the technology and features required to improve your communication needs
- Review the benefits of wearing one vs two hearing aids for noise reduction and sound localization
Budget and Warranty:
- Consider the value and pricing of the hearing aids including dispensing and impression fees, service, accessories and batteries that may be included in the purchase and warranty period
- Hearing aids are funded through the Ministry of Health’s Assistive Devices Program for adults and children with a valid health card in Ontario. Other funding options include WSIB, DVA, ODSP, Indigenous Services Canada (ISC), HCAI and private insurance companies.
Hearing Aid Benefit Assessment
If your hearing test shows you are a suitable candidate for hearing aids we will discuss the best solutions to suit your needs. We can then use our fitting suite to fit a set of suitable hearing aids to your defined hearing loss. Finally we use Real Ear Measurement (REM), aided speech tests and speech in noise tests to verify that the devices are delivering the amplification that you require to enjoy all the sounds in your life.
We pride ourselves in offering our ‘Peace of Mind’ package when hearing aids are purchased at our clinic for private pay patients. This includes a 30 day trial period, 3 month return policy and a 3 year warranty including ongoing professional care, supplies and batteries all at no charge. We are committed to your success!